- D600 is easy to handle. Dynamic range is amazing. Which makes it tolerant to my exposure mistakes.
- 35-70 f2.8 zoom lens is nice. Right focus range for street candids, sharp enough when focus is in the right place. Need a hood though, flair is a problem in direct sun.
- Aperture-priority mode for a change. Just set the -1 compensation to avoid blow outs.
- Shooting from the hip. With the camera on my neck I can talk on the phone and use thumb to shoot "from the hip".
- Sit (or stand) and they will come. I picked a location with good light (dark background and a spot of sun in front of it) and just stood there. Worked well.
November 13, 2012
Brian Tramontana and William Henderson of Hold the Eye Images led a street photography workshop which was both challenging and fun. It all started well and went to great. What worked: