- Use narrow light open loop pattern
- Most people (all?) benefit from soft light - use sources of large visible size, e.g. diffusion panel. Softbox offers a good control over light spill. Shoot-through umbrella is highly portable and is fast to setup.
- Square shoulders are a no-no.
- Be aware of feminine and masculine neck bent. Then make a conscious decision on which to use.
- No white above or below iris.
- In a two-thirds side view only one ear should be visible.
Jessica Pettyjohn's Headshots101